In the last decade of the 19th century Gerolamo Ceresa began to work as a subcontractor for the pipe factory of Ferdinando Rossi in Barasso, where extensive building projects had led to bottlenecks in production. In this first period the bowls were made in Cassano Magnago while the mouth pieces were prepared and polished in a very small workshop in Cavaria. The Ceresa sons Pietro, Enrico and Luigi grew up joining the family business one after another. In 1919 the Ceresas acquired an area of land on Via Visconti in Cassano Magnago where a new factory was built. To bring forward the company furthermore on the European markets, Enrico went to Saint-Claude in 1923 for some years to study the fabrication procedures of the French manufacturers. Returned to Italy in 1926, he extensively restructured and modernized the firm. A new name was coined: Fabbrica Pipe Cassano. The Ceresas were among the very first who strove to sell Italian made pipes with a quality above the abundantly produced industry ware. Since 1970 Carlo Ceresa, a son of Enrico, is heading the factory.